We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mini van rental

San Jose
Level Contributor
11 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
mini van rental

Has anyone ever rented a Fiat Ulysses van in Italy. The website

from the auto rental company says it will seat 7 but I too wonder about luggage space. Thank you, SanJoseJohn

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,566 Reviews
from US$74.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,976 Reviews
from US$107.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private...
541 Reviews
from US$395.30*
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: mini van rental

From one San Josian to another...

This is similar to a typical minivan you are used to - maybe a bit smaller. It says that it has 18 cu. ft of luggage space. My suggestion would be to make sure that everybody brings soft-sided luggage (i.e. roller duffles) so that it can be a bit more "pliable" when stacking. Believe it or not, I stuffed 6 large duffles and 4 passengers into a Fiat Croma! (But that is another story). Additionally, bring no more than 1 bag each and 1 carry on. You don't say how many passengers you are going to have.

Also to note, this size vehicle will be a bit more difficult to park and sometimes drive in narrow areas. Definitely don't get a Ducato!

San Jose
Level Contributor
11 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mini van rental

Dear Cat 7115:

I can always count on a fellow San Josian for solid advice. Good idea on the soft bags , like duffle bags. We are in 7 so every little space is going to get filled. P.s. whats with the rain saturday? SanJoseJohn

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: mini van rental

Whats with the cold? the wind? the rain? the lack of summer? We leave in one week for Italy and the weather is showing considerably warmer than here!!

ps:

We had the Fiat Ulysse with 6 people, 6 roller duffles, 8 carry-ons and 3 purses. It worked fine, albeit stuffed!

San Jose
Level Contributor
11 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mini van rental

We got back several months ago and I wanted to say we ended up renting a

Renault Grand Espace. It seated 7 with room for duffle bags. No hard sided suit

cases. They would not have fit. Thanks for the tip on the duffle bags. The

Renault was just the right size, not super huge, about the size of a american

chrysler or dodge van. Got it through Alamo at the Linate airport, Milan. Parking

is just across the street from the terminal, super easy. People there at Alamo

all spoke english.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: mini van rental

Perfetto! I hope you all enjoyed your trip! Curious what areas you traveled through?

And again talking about the weather: What is with all the sun and no rain???

San Jose
Level Contributor
11 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mini van rental

Rain is supposedly coming this thurs 1-19, I hope. We travelled and stayed

in Carrara as a home base. The city with the white marble in the mts. just on the coast. Down from cinqueterre, about 40min. We travelled to Pisa, 45min away, Florence 1 hr away, all day trips. Before flying home we spent the day at Lake Como (no, didn't see George C.) And then off to our hotel near the Linate airport for the next day trip home. Also while in our hotel near the airport, I had read on Tripadvisor the easiest way downtown was on the #27 trolley, which was right outside our hotel! Thks Tripadvisor, is was so simple. fare was 1euro.

7. Re: mini van rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2013, 10:16