We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train schedules at TrenItalia & RailEurope do not agree

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Train schedules at TrenItalia & RailEurope do not agree

I need to take a train on Sunday June 12 from Rome to Orvieto. The TrenItalia.com site lists only one train while RailEurope.com lists several. My intention is to buy tickets at the station, but I don't want to be left stranded because I wound up missing the only train of the day. Can anyone shed any light on the situation?

Also: In buying tickets, does the purchase have to be made at the station from which one will be departing? Put another way, if my journey consists of several legs, can I buy tickets for all of them at the starting point?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,067 reviews
from US$76.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$415.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,852 reviews
from US$124.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,734 reviews
from US$113.20*
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train schedules at TrenItalia & RailEurope do not agree

Hi

RailEurope is a ticket broker, Trenitalia is the official schedule you should use.

I just looked on the 12th of June and see plenty of trains

6:35 am, 8:22 am, 10:36am etc etc.

you can buy all of your train tickets at at the train station if you are sure of times. It is a bit of pain to change to re-book if you change your mind because all trains with the exception of regional trains are for a specific day,time and seat. Use the self-service ticket machines rather than stand in line at a ticket window.

Orvieto is very lovely!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,215 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train schedules at TrenItalia & RailEurope do not agree

There is a timetable change on 12 June, and Trenitalia has not yet published all the train times after that date. It looks like RailEurope was just hoping that the times will not change.

There will be plenty of trains between Orvieto and Rome.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train schedules at TrenItalia & RailEurope do not agree

Nick - after a bit of an over-run, I think you'll find that just about all of them are in now!

Peter

4. Re: Train schedules at TrenItalia & RailEurope do not agree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 14:17