We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson lakes and mountains, special offers Lake Garda

Gateshead, Tyne and...
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Topic
Thomson lakes and mountains, special offers Lake Garda

Hi,considering booking with Thomsons for the Hotel Neno,supposedly a 3 star i Garda. Does anyone have any experience of this hotel? the offer appears to be suspiciously cheap for a half board deal. I`m not expecting much from the food side as I`ve heard its often better to `eat out` rather than have the half board menus. Any comments or recommendations/warnings please?

Brian

Mentioned in this post
Garda
Garda
Province of Verona, Italy
Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,831 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
31 Reviews
from US$374.00*
US$534.30
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,011 Reviews
from US$58.30*
Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,780 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson lakes and mountains, special offers Lake Garda

Hi, I haven't stayed there so can't give a personal opinion but you may be interested in the reviews of the Hotel Neno: tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g194771-d3141…

People staying there eat at the Hotel Sole which is directly opposite. Thomson's late deals are usually good value.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
13,981 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson lakes and mountains, special offers Lake Garda

I believe there was a post in the past from somebody who booked a late deal (could have been Thomsons) at Bardolino but ended up in a different Hotel to the one advertised (not impressed if I remember correctly)

Mentioned in this post
Bardolino
Bardolino
Province of Verona, Italy
Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,780 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson lakes and mountains, special offers Lake Garda

Hi Giftzwerg, do you have a link to that thread or remember when it was? I've seen several threads in the past from people complaining about not getting the hotel they'd booked, but it was always with Newmarket Holidays. I don't remember seeing any to do with Thomson or Crystal.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
13,981 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson lakes and mountains, special offers Lake Garda

Ahh you might be right Scozzese as I wasn't sure hence "could have been" and Newmarket rings a bell. I think it was last year.

Here's some older posts for "Newmarket Holidays"

tripadvisor.co.uk/…6381452

5. Re: Thomson lakes and mountains, special offers Lake Garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 17:20