We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insight Tours Italy

florida
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Insight Tours Italy

Taking an Insight Tour September. Does anyone have any comments. The tour is Best of Italy. Covers quite alot in 11 days.

Berlin, Maryland
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Insight Tours Italy

Try the search bar above the posts for "Insight Tour Best of Italy". Altho some posts are 'dated', you can glean some info from them. Have a wonderful time in Bella Italia.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insight Tours Italy

We just did the country roads of Italy 16 days with Insight and had a wonderful time.Italy is a beautiful country except for the graffiti in some parts of Rome. Hotels some good some not so unless you pay silly over the top prices you won't get the same standards as in other parts of the world. In saying that we could not prase Insight enough our tour director ( Daniele ) was amazing everything was looked after all we had to do was enjoy ourselves. The buses were very comfortable driver ( Fabio) excellent very safe. Will be using Insight in 2013 again in europe. Can't wait. I hope this short reply helps you, can't tell you to much otherwise you won't have any surprises.

florida
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Insight Tours Italy

Thank you for the comments. Can't wait for the trip. It's our 40th anniversary!!!!!!!!

Queensland...
Level Contributor
41 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Insight Tours Italy

We just returned from a 12-night Insight Tour which included Italy. We loved it, great hotels, great tour guide, very comfortable and roomy bus, and best of all, NO WAITING IN LINES. With Insight, you go straight to the top of the queue. This was especially good at the Vatican, the lines were so long, we couldn't believe our eyes. But with Insight, we walked straight in! You will love your tour :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Insight Tours Italy

Gate 1 tours of Italy. I would like some comments on this tour company as I am from Sydney and not heard of them before and I am interested in joining one of their italy tours.

Edited: 19 August 2011, 13:40
Sydney
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Insight Tours Italy

Sorry about posting a question, new to this , was not thinking.

Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Insight Tours Italy

Since you signed up for this, why not join myself and my husband we leave on this tour june 22, why dont you both join us... email me an dlet me know if you like to join us... we love to go with someone we would know... my parents grew up there and that is why i want to visit to see where they lived and thrived at...

my friends just got back in late october and said the best times to go is early may, june and late oct. when the people are more lightly to pay attention to you... so let me know if you want to join us, we are in our late 50;s and retired, at least I am not hubby.

Edited: 15 January 2012, 20:02
Bernville
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Insight Tours Italy

My husband and I are thinking of taking the 14 day Italian Escapade Tour with Insight. We would like to know if anyone took this tour and what they thought about it. Is it relaxing or just a long bus ride? Also, we realized there are alot of optionals with this tour. If you take the optional trips do you miss out on free time? Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

New Port Richey...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Insight Tours Italy

I heard that these tours are all bus rides with some side trips for us. We are going on the one which is similar to yours, and I found a good place to go now, but the price was about the same, but gave me more time in where I wanted to go to Palermo where my ancestors came from.. it was known as Road Scholar, the price is comparible with airfare. all meals included and you have to be over 50 yrs old to join them... It would be nice to do that, but I have to see what I can afford for 2013.

I already booked my trip so its hard for me to get out of it, since I am almost paid up with them. The optional tours are on your own with insight. that way you have a better chance to see more things. Yes all the tours are mostly bus tours... you do have half day for yourselfs I hear from friends who have done this trip your going on/ All Insight tours is not much relaxing unless you pay for the air fare and do it by yourselves. I hope this helps Moon

New Port Richey...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Insight Tours Italy

Gate 1 tours are nice but the accomodations not as good as Insight. The tours are ok, but you only pay for what you get. I think if i did not care about the hotels and the food then I would take Gate 1, but I am on holiday and want to go and have fun and be treated like royalty so I pay more and go with the best which is Insight. They are the most nicest travel group.

The only thing that gate 1 has is the trips are cheap and they do everything online, without an agent. but if you have to leave early or get sick, who do you call? I rather pay the difference and know that I am being cared for a by a good company... its the safe way to travel