We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rome itineary -- plz suggest !!!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
rome itineary -- plz suggest !!!

I have booked flight ticket from Zurich to Venice . So I will reach venice airport at 2.05 pm ..Please let me know how to reach venice mestre as I will take hotel in venice mestre ...

Day 1 . reaching venice then to venice mestre....how to reach venice mestre from venice airport ....

Day 2 : seeing venice ../// how to see reach venice from venice mestre ....Is any train goes from venice mestre to venice ??

day 3 . venice - florence - pisa - florence rome ..basically I just want to see Pisa and thats why going to florence .I heard we can drop our luggage at railway station as there is storage facility ..so thinking to drop luggage at florence railyway station and then go to pisa ....and then back to florence and take lugage and reach rome ....

day 4 ...at rome /// how can I see Rome ??? By train or by open bus ...

day 5 ...at rome --- vatican /// how far is vatican from rome ????

day 6 ...departure from rome at 5.20

How can I commute in Rome ????how much is cost of local metro pass in Rome ??? how to go to vatican ??? what currency is accepted in Rome ...

Please answer ....

NY
Level Contributor
3,657 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rome itineary -- plz suggest !!!

Here is a start to your questions:

Day 1 . reaching venice then to venice mestre....how to reach venice mestre from venice airport ....

There are busses, - others can advise, but it depends where your hotel is

Day 2 : seeing venice ../// how to see reach venice from venice mestre ....Is any train goes from venice mestre to venice ??

Well, not any train, but there are many trains from Mestre station to Venice St. L station - suggest to use a regional train, but there are other ways to get there, but train is straight forward and quick.

day 3 . venice - florence - pisa - florence rome ..basically I just want to see Pisa and thats why going to florence .I heard we can drop our luggage at railway station as there is storage facility ..so thinking to drop luggage at florence railyway station and then go to pisa ....and then back to florence and take lugage and reach rome ....

There is a left luggage storage in Florence station

day 4 ...at rome /// how can I see Rome ??? By train or by open bus ...

In Rome use the Metro, walking and taxi. There are local busses and also other local transportaton. The open bus is usually a tour, like hop on/hop off

See

romebuddy.com/givesadvice/metropasses.html

day 5 ...at rome --- vatican /// how far is vatican from rome ????

Vatican is in Rome - well not technically in Rome, but within general boundaries of Rome. It can be walked from most places, or approached by Metro

day 6 ...departure from rome at 5.20

If 05:20, suggest booking a taxi the night before as you will be leaving your hotel about 03:00, but cost depends on where your hotel is

How can I commute in Rome ????how much is cost of local metro pass in Rome ??? how to go to vatican ??? what currency is accepted in Rome ...

Whether you get local pass depends on how much you will use it, but individual tickets are not expensive, maybe 1 Euro (might be going up) Guess what, they accept the Euro in Italy except at a currency exchange or bank

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rome itineary -- plz suggest !!!

Thanks A lot for such detailed information and God bless you for this help ..

3. Re: rome itineary -- plz suggest !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 00:18