We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perfect romantic trip to Italy

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Perfect romantic trip to Italy

Ive booked a 6 night stay in Italy with 3 nights in Rome and 3 in Venice.

My hotel budget is absolute max 400 euro per night for the accommodation. This is much more than I'd usually dream on spending but I want it to be a really special trip (next summer).

I've opted for the penthouse at the Albergo del Senato in Rome and a superior room at the AD Place in Venice.

I'm pretty happy with these choices, but does anyone have any other recommendations of other options that may be even better within my price range?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,332 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perfect romantic trip to Italy

You really should get something really nice in Venice with your budget,

I do not know what rooms in the AD Place are like, but consider Al Ponte

Mocenigo, it really is special, good location being close to a Vaporetto stop, the staff are so helpful,, It is regularly Number choice on this site,

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Perfect romantic trip to Italy

Thanks. They seem to be booked up. Constantly, for any dates I try for next year

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perfect romantic trip to Italy

I'd opt for a canal view room at the American Dinesen Hotel in Venice, and the Relais Maddalena with a piazza view in Rome. Loved them both when there in late September...both were very nice, and both cost less than your choices...but still quite upscale in there own way. The American Dinesen is in the Dorsodoro area in Venice which will save the sanity you will probably lose in the San Marco/Rialto neighborhoods. And the Relais Maddalena is one short block from the Pantheon which is fun to walk through, but not to stay on. And as stated...you will pay a lot less. Just my opinion...

4. Re: Perfect romantic trip to Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:16