We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Malpensa airport to florence, Frecciarossa train

Save Topic
From Malpensa airport to florence, Frecciarossa train

Hi,

My flight lands on 10:55am. Will I be able to catch the 12:22pm Frecciarossa train leaving Malpensa airport, Milan? Anyone has the experience of getting on the train from the airport ? How is the procedure? How long does it take? Thanks!

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
450 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Malpensa airport to florence, Frecciarossa train

The Frecciarossa to Florence, Rome and Naples does not leave from the airport, but from Milan Centrale. You take the Malpensa Express train from Malpensa airport into Milan Centrale train station and catch the Frecciarossa there. Takes about 25 minutes to take the train from Malpensa into Milan, then buy your tickets, etc. Arriving at 10:55 and catching the 12:22 out is touchy close, depending on back ups at the airport passport control and getting any checked baggage unloaded, etc. We arrived at Malpensa at 10:30 with no checked baggage and caught the 1:20 to Florence in September with ample time to grab something to eat at the Milan station before boarding our train. (I assumed, maybe incorrectly that the Frecciarossa train you were catching was the Florence/Rome/Naples train, or were you looking for the train to Venice?) Hope this helps.

Edited: 07 December 2011, 19:54
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,400 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Malpensa airport to florence, Frecciarossa train

Mike is incorrect. There is a FrecciaRossa train from Malpensa direct to Florence at 12.22, arriving Florence at 15.00.

The train station at Malpensa is right at Terminal 1, which is the main terminal. (Terminal 2 is used by cut-price airlines like easyJet.) Just follow the signs for the trains. You should have plenty of time but I would suggest that you do not buy a discounted ticket in advance. If your flight is delayed, your discounted ticket would be worthless. Buy the ticket at Malpensa, wither from a ticket window or from a user-friendly machine that works in English.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
450 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Malpensa airport to florence, Frecciarossa train

Sorry about that, when we flew in to Malpensa in September we were told by the tourist office that there was no train directly form Malpensa to Florence, that indeed we needed to go to Milan Centrale and catch it there. Which we did. Thank you for correcting me Nick as I would not want to give out incorrect information.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,400 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Malpensa airport to florence, Frecciarossa train

There are only two direct trains, at 12.22 and 19.22. It may well be that your arrival time was such that a train with a change in Milan made more sense.

Save Reply
5. Re: From Malpensa airport to florence, Frecciarossa train

Thanks for the tips!! They are really helpful..

Hong Kong, null...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Malpensa airport to florence, Frecciarossa train

hey, can you help me??

my facebook : vincent.mrpoon@gmail.com

Hong Kong, null...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Malpensa airport to florence, Frecciarossa train

i want check Malpensa airport to florence of time schedule for ATM.

VERY THANKS YOU HELP!! ^ ^

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,400 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Malpensa airport to florence, Frecciarossa train

See www.lefrecce.it looking for trains from Malpensa aeroporto to Firenze SM Novella.

Bogota
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Malpensa airport to florence, Frecciarossa train

Hello

I can not find the direct train from Malpensa to Florence. Can you help me?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,400 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From Malpensa airport to florence, Frecciarossa train

It looks like they no longer run. There have been two major timetable changes since my posts of 7 and 8 December 2011.