We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mini van makes sense?

Medan, Indonesia
1 post
Save Topic
mini van makes sense?

I am planning for our first trip to Italy, it will be a 14 days trip including Rome, Pisa, Florence, Milan, Venice, Amalfi coast with 6 people.

My question is:

does it make sense to rent a mini van in italy? i heard the streets there are narrow and how hard and how much it is for parking on average? The reason we wanted mini van is to save the hassle to travel to other cities carrying our luggage to the train station, so i wonder if that justfies the cost of mini van.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mini van makes sense?

A vehicle in cities and towns would be a hinderance, due to parking and traffic restrictions. A people mover vehicle would also have very limited space, for six passengers luggage,

and have you checked the mileage for your itinerary www.viamichelin.com

All your destinations can be reached by train, and is Milan an essential destination for you.

Trains www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Accommodation www.venere.com

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mini van makes sense?

Yes, with the cities you have listed, a car would be much more of a hassle than carrying your luggage to the train station. Venice you can't even drive a car and will have to park it in a car park outside the area while you there. Rome, Pisa, Florence and Milan all have ZTLs.

I would simply try to make sure you don't over pack and have too much luggage.

3. Re: mini van makes sense?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 10:20