We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers between Rome and Amalfi Coast expensive

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers between Rome and Amalfi Coast expensive

My daughter and I would like to spend 5 nights in Rome and then transfer to the Amalfi Coast. The issue is the cost of transfers, it costs 380 euros to transfer to Positano one way and 400 euro for a day trip to visit Gallo Matese, where my parents where born. So thats 1200 euro right there both ways not including sightseeing! First trip so don't want to drive and afraid of taking train as we are two women. Any advice appreciated, are we better taking a tour? Also, appreciate any input on Rome hotels and Amalfi Coast hotels, thank you!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers between Rome and Amalfi Coast expensive

There is utterly no reason to fear taking a high-speed ES AV train from Rome to Naples: it doesn't stop anywhere, and there are no questionable characters taking it. A car and driver from Naples to Positano will only cost around 100 Euro.

Gallo Matese is about three hours, give or take, from Rome or Positano, so the rate does not seem unreasonable. You might get a better rate out of Rome.

You can use www.booking.com or www.venere.com to look for accommodation. Guest ratings are more reliable than star ratings.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,211 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers between Rome and Amalfi Coast expensive

Another option take the bus Rome to Sorrento www.curreriviaggi.it and then the Sitabus from Sorrento along the Amalfi coast

sitabus.it/sitabus/…QUADROXV.pdf

Edited: 01 February 2012, 22:54
3. Re: Transfers between Rome and Amalfi Coast expensive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2013, 10:16