Hi everyone! Thanks in advance for your help!
So my husband and I are travelling to Paris and Italy in May. We land in Paris on May 2 and we fly home out of Rome on May 24. I've booked a flat in Paris for 4 nights (checking out May 6) and I have also booked a place in Venice checking in May 6 and checking out May 10. The only other place I've booked is Rome checking in May 19 and checking out May 24.
So here is what I was thinking for our itinerary:
- Paris - May 2 to 6 - fly to Venice (any advice on best airline and when to book?)
- Venice - May 6 to 10 - train to Florence?
- Florence - May 10 to 13 - train to Cinque Terre?
- Cinque Terre - May 13 to 16 - train to Amalfi?
- Amalfi Coast - May 16 to 19 - train to Rome?
- Rome - May 19 to 24 - fly home
I have really no experience with public transport, never mind in Italian! So any help with that would be GREATLY appreciated. I debated whether we should just pick one of either Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast, but I really want to see both. I'm aware that the travel from Cinque Terre will be a long day of travel, but I am ok with that. When we are at the Amalfi coast we really want to see Pompeii. Any other towns or sites we shouldn't miss? And where is the best place to stay on the Amalfi Coast? Which town is best in the Cinque Terre?
Thanks so much for your help! :)