We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in italy

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Getting married in italy

We are a late 40s couple looking to elope to Italy to get married and then take a mediteranean cruise for us and three kids of which two are adult fares. The costs of flights, cruise etc from Australia will be expensive.....any ideas where to have a romantic wedding that won't cost the earth but is big on scenery....Antony.....

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married in italy

Hi there

Sorrento is very popular and it is one of my favourite places in Italy. Have had magical stays there.

Kind Regards

Merran

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married in italy

Thanks Merren, Sorrento sounds gorgeous but I can imagine being the tourist attraction that it is even a civil wedding would be pricy there, I love Venice and who wouldn't want to get married in Capri but I really have to be $$$$$ conscious after paying for the family to fly from Australia and pay for a honeymoon cruise......I'll have to do my sums, regards Antony.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married in italy

Try Calabria. It's cheap, on the beach and beautiful. Tropea and Scilla are wonderful towns.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married in italy

Cool...I'll check them out, much appreciated....

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married in italy

Spudley1,

See tripadvisor.com/…38602514

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting married in italy

Hi Antony

What ever you decide have a great wedding. Not sounding silly, is there a chance you could turn the honeymoon cruise into a wedding - can you get married on the ship? Or would you like to keep the honeymoon separate?

Kind Regards

Merran

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting married in italy

Thanks Merran.......I don't know, a cruise wedding sounds a bit tacky, I'm a romantic but not a love boat, fantasy island romantic....positano and amalfi look great...any ideas accommodation, a villa maybe and anyone trustworthy to plan it....Antony.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting married in italy

Hi there

Okay, I certainly don't want you to feel tacky. Maybe google Sorrento/Amalfi Weddings - they're very popular and I'm sure you could plan one to suit your budget/taste. There have been numerous threads on TA about Sorrento weddings - maybe do a search here as well. For accommodation you could try the homelidays website.

Kind Regards

Merran

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting married in italy

Thanks Merren...you are very helpful and much appreciated.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,076 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting married in italy

Hi, where will your cruise be leaving from? If it's from Venice then you could get married in the Lake Garda area which is an easy train journey from Venice.

The most popular town on the lake for weddings is Malcesine - the castle there is on the lake and surrounded by wonderful mountain scenery:

http://www.malcesinepiu.it/en/lake-garda.html

http://www.malcesineitaly.com/

gardainforma.com/en/village/malcesine.html

The smaller town of Torri del Benaco is also becoming popular:

www.torridelbenaco.co.uk/garda_lake_info.htm

gardainforma.com/en/…torridelbenaco.html