We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical devices, etc

middletown
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Topic
Medical devices, etc

Planning trip to Italy in the fall. I need to bring a CPAP device. I know I will need an adaptor. But what I also need is distilled or filtered water for the device. Also white vinegar for cleaning other parts of equipment. I need to know if I can buy these items easily in any of the cities that I might be in.

Using this device is very new to me and want to still be able to travel without the worry that I not find these products.

Thanks

RIKMIK

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medical devices, etc

I know several people who made trips overseas that have used tap water instead of distilled water for the short term without any problems. Vinegar should be available at any market.

middletown
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Medical devices, etc

Thank you.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Medical devices, etc

People in Italy also use distilled or filtered water for non-medical appliances, e.g., steam irons. Supermarkets should have it if you ask for "acqua per ferro a vapore". The same applies for white vinegar, "aceto bianco". And if you don't find them in supermarkets, you'll find them in pharmacies.

Edited: 04 April 2012, 16:53
middletown
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Medical devices, etc

Thanks so much. This is wonderful information.

RIKMIK

5. Re: Medical devices, etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:40