We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rail Europe tickets seat assignments

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
795 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Rail Europe tickets seat assignments

I booked 3 "legs" of our trip through RailEurope site. I don't recall being asked for a seat selection, accept for 1st or 2nd class [ I chose 2nd class]. When I received the tickets, I noticed our 2 seats are not together. I paid for the shipping and we are leaving in a week. Do you think people will switch seat with us? The trips are short [ Florence to Rome, Rome to Naples and back]. I really don't want to take the chance and ask for new tickets at this point.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rail Europe tickets seat assignments

Don't complicate matters at this stage by asking for new tickets. Yes, it's quite normal for people to switch seats. Just ask. There's a very good chance that the people in the other seats may be your compatriots!

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
795 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rail Europe tickets seat assignments

That was my thought. The only thing is 2 of the trips are aisle seats. I love looking out the window. Can you see much or is the train going too fast?!

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rail Europe tickets seat assignments

You can see quite a lot. But again on the Florence-Rome leg much of it is in tunnels, at least as you get nearer Rome. Anyway, even from the aisle you can see out of the window no problem. The trains will not necessarily be full and there are no intermediate stops on either of the legs. So if you spot a free seat somewhere...go for it!

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
795 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rail Europe tickets seat assignments

Awesome, thanks!

5. Re: Rail Europe tickets seat assignments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:16