We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailing UK to Italy

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
213 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Sailing UK to Italy

Is there any way of getting from the UK to Italy by boat? Obviously cruises sail from Southampton, but I'd like to go by boat, stay in Italy for a few weeks and sail back by boat. So I guess I'm looking for a ferry/multiple ferries?

Anyone ever done this or know if it is possible? This is the start of my research into it so just exploring all options at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
213 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailing UK to Italy

I'll answer my own question in case anyone else ever searches this question. You can get a ferry Portsmouth to Bilbao/Santander (24 hours) then drive 6 hours to Barcelona then get a ferry from there to Italy which is around 18 hours depending on where you want to go in Italy. Directferries.co.uk had all the info I was looking for.

2. Re: Sailing UK to Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 20:18