We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tentative Itinerary for July - Review Plz

Singapore
Level Contributor
452 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Tentative Itinerary for July - Review Plz

Hi All,

We are a group of 4 - me, wife (early 30s) & parents (late 60s) planning to visit Italy for the first time in July this year. We have about 10-12 days including travel and I will like to spend them across 3 destinations – Rome, Venice & Dolomites.

I know that Rome-Florence-Venice is the usual first timers itinerary but we thought that it would be too much of art and culture and therefore we decided to skip Florence for this time in favour of a scenic destination. Final toss up was between Amalfi Coast, Lakes & Dolomites and eventually my love for green won over admiration for blue :)

Also, it’s the first time for my parents to visit Europe and so wanted them to get a flavour of Alps. I hope it’s a good decision but will appreciate your thoughts about my choice of destinations. Especially if there are enough simple strolls/walks in Val Gardena for elderly.

Our tentative plan is as follows:

Day 1 : Fly SingaporeVenice, Arrive in the night check-in & rest

Day 2-4 : In Venice for 3 full days

Day 5: Rent a car at Venice and drive to Ortisei.

Day 6-7 : In Val Gardena for 2 full days

Day 8 : Drive back & drop car at Verona, Fly Verona - Rome in evening

Day 9-11 : In Rome for 3 full days

Day 12: Fly Rome - Singapore

- Do you think it’s a doable itinerary (too relaxed or too rushed?)

- Am also not sure if am handling Val Gardena piece of travel very well, as am not sure if I will be able to do much on the day we drive up and the day we drive back. Any comments on that?

- Also, if we need to cut a day in this itinerary (leave troubles), any suggestions how to condense this in 11 days.

I do have broad idea of Rome & Venice 3 day itineraries and a vague idea of Val Gardena itinerary (Alpe di Siusi, Drive thru mountain passes & some easy hikes). I will develop these further but in the meanwhile if you have any inputs will be very happy to take them on board.

Also, would travelling early / mid / late July make any difference to our trip as am about to book the flights and are flexible on when to travel in July.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Europe
Europe
World
Val Gardena
Val Gardena
1,946 Reviews
Selva di Val Gardena, Italy
Ortisei
Ortisei
Val Gardena, Italy
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Monte Fasce
Mountains, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Lookouts
Singapore
Level Contributor
452 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tentative Itinerary for July - Review Plz

Just bumping up - in case someone has inputs.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tentative Itinerary for July - Review Plz

Most of your questions relate to the Dolomites, and I'm afraid I can't help you with them.

More people who *can* help you with them might look at your post if you reposted in a more specific forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187856-i1844-Tren…

Singapore
Level Contributor
452 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tentative Itinerary for July - Review Plz

Thanks Zerlina, will post it in Dolomites forum.

4. Re: Tentative Itinerary for July - Review Plz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 11:41