We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phones in Italy

Yarmouth, Maine
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Phones in Italy

What is the best way to be able to make calls to the US and also within Italy when we are traveling there?

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,208 Reviews
from US$78.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
534 Reviews
from US$412.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,882 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,796 Reviews
from US$112.50*
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phones in Italy

Can you purchase a SIM card at the Naples airport and if so who is the best carrier to purchase from?

Level Contributor
180 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phones in Italy

Our phones did not have the proper cards so we rented a phone from Verizon. 20.00 to rent , shipped to our house with shipping label to return after our trip. We did not plan on making a lot of calls, but we did text and did make a few calls to states. Did not cost a lot of money and to me seemed like a very easy way to be in touch if needed

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Phones in Italy

I used gosim.com it has the best rates and you can get the sim card prior to your departure. They will mail it to the US. I have Verizon and they charge on average $2/min+. Go sim will charge you less than $1/min.

4. Re: Phones in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:16
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now