We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice, Verone, Bologne: How many days? Cycling?

Montreux...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Venice, Verone, Bologne: How many days? Cycling?

Hello

I'll be flying to Venice in October, then go on to Verone and Bologne, where I'll catch the train to Naples. I'll be on my own, no kids.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I'll have a bicycle with me, and was wondering if the areas between those cities is worth it or I should take the train?

2. How many days would you recommend I spend in each of those three cities, considering a bike is a lot faster than foot to get around?

Thank you.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,609 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice, Verone, Bologne: How many days? Cycling?

1. have no idea how to suggest bicycling to each city, from Verona to Venice is 98km but I am sure that would be by a motorway.

here is one site that might help

fiab-onlus.it/english/…20rete

there are many tour companies that offer many different routes, perhaps you could contact them for map ideas?

2. you cannot bicycle in Venice. If you brought your bike you would have to leave it somewhere. You would have to ask you hotel for suggestions.

How many days in each is subjective...how many days do you have? I have spent a week in Venice and a week in Bologna and could easily spend more time in each. Verona is an easy day trip from Venice

good luck with your trip!

Montreux...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice, Verone, Bologne: How many days? Cycling?

Thanks for the infos.

3. Re: Venice, Verone, Bologne: How many days? Cycling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 05:47