We're a couple, c.30 years old and looking to spend 10 days in Italy in mid-September this year.
It's our first time apart from a long weekend in Milan.
We like history, art, wine and good food (hence Italy!) but don't really know where to start and it feels like we've left it quite late to arrange something.
Thoughts so far:
- Planning to rent an apartment or very small house (any good links welcomed)
- We will rent a car
- We'd like punctuate exploring with days at the beach (probably 3 days in total)
- We'd like to do visit a vineyard or two and explore some historically/artistically interesting sights but not worried about ticking the big attractions off
- We prefer places that are more authentic to busy tourist hotspots
- We like to sit outside with a glass of wine and watch the world pass by in the evening
- We would want to be based in one but max. 2 locations
- We like good, authentic Italian food and would be happy to splurge on a couple of nights
The beach is the bit that we are particularly struggling with - would really appreciate some advice on one or two locations that would give us access to these things.
Grateful for any advice or pointers to existing topics (I did have a quick search but nothing obvious appeared).