We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy in March or November?

NJ
Level Contributor
262 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Italy in March or November?

My husband and I would like to visit Italy next year for our 10 year anniverary but due to his profession, we can only go in the off or 'shoulder ' months so we are down to either late March or early November. We'd like to visit Venice, Florence, Rome and Tuscany. I've done some research and it seems that we are taking a gamble with March or November...any thoughts?

Level Contributor
905 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy in March or November?

I've done all of these except Tuscany in both months. I loved it. No crowds. Venice to Rome is about as far as Boston to Philadelphia so the weather will vary north to south; and it will change from early to late March and November.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy in March or November?

I have not been in November, but I have been to Italy twice in March, visiting Rome and Venice on each occasion. One time the weather was warmish (around 20 Celcius), the other time it was colder mostly in the teens Celcius. During the colder visit I even experienced a light snowfall in Vicenza (near Venice). So it is a bit of a gamble, but I would still recommend going. The cold is not extreme, and you will be compensated by much smaller crowds.

NJ
Level Contributor
262 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italy in March or November?

Thanks for the feedback! I need to check rainfall for those months too...i don't mind being cold but cold and wet is another story :-)

4. Re: Italy in March or November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 06:15