We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip to Italy

Singapore
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First Trip to Italy

Dear honorable TA advisors,

I am planning my very FIRST trip to Italy in March. Will be spending 12 days there. I will be flying from Singapore and have yet to decide my starting point. I am interested to venture Rome, Florence (outlet shopping), Venice and Pisa.

SERIOUSly i am not sure of the sequence which i should follow for this trip. Would anyone be kind to advise on the journey or even a previous intinerary to share with me as a guide. I am only keen in trains, budget airlines and any forms of public transport for my travelling between cities.

Should i wish to exit to Singapore via Paris, which of the city would be nearest to leave from?

Btw, where are these attractions?

1. Statue of David

2. Spanish steps

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,777 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Trip to Italy

You could fly www.singaporeair.com into Rome, travel by train Rome To Florence and Florence to Venice to Milan Malpensa Aeroporto for your return flight home www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Having only twelve days I would suggest you forget visiting Paris, and enjoy Italy.

Visitiors from Singapore seem to enjoy going shopping in" The Mall" in Florence.

Accommodation www.venere.com

www.romeinfo.com

www.discovertuscany.com

www.turismovenezia.it

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,615 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Trip to Italy

Statue of David is in Florence, the Spanish Steps in Rome,

Singapore
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Trip to Italy

Hi dear,

Thank you so much for the valuable infos. Am sure will be of great use. I am only exiting via Paris to Singapore. Will be at Paris airport only as this is a lucky draw ticket tat ive won. I believed Italy is more historical of its own and also the shopping :)

Btw, Pisa is in which city again?

Singapore
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Trip to Italy

Hi Sophie,

Great thanks on the info!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,051 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Trip to Italy

You really really need to get hold of a guidebook on Italy and read it. That would tell you that the Spanish Steps are in Rome, David is in the Accademia in Florence, and that Pisa is a city. And many other useful things.

Singapore
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Trip to Italy

Hi Sydneynick,

Merci on the informations given :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,051 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Trip to Italy

"Merci" is French. In Italy, the word is "gracie".

Singapore
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Trip to Italy

@ Sydneynick: Gracie :)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Trip to Italy

Um, the word for Thank You in Italian is "grazie", not "gracie." Pronounced "GRAH-tsee-yeh"

Natrasha, I also want to encourage you to pick up a basic guidebook and start your research there. Travel forums are great for more specific questions, but you've got a lot to study up on.

You're going to have a wonderful time. Italy is amazing.

Singapore
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First Trip to Italy

Dear all, is it advisable to buy train tickets from trenitalia way advanced or is it pretty to safe to buy on the day of departure itself?