We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan to Interlaken OST - via train

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
18 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Milan to Interlaken OST - via train

Hi,

I will be travelling to Interlaken from Milan (Central Station) in Feb - 2013.

1) Which is the best possible and cheapest route?

2) From where should I buy the tickets for the same?(Online)

3) I am planning to buy a Swiss Half Fare Card, can I buy the same in Italy? If not how do I buy the Half fare card from Swiss and how can i avail the benefits of it while travelling form Milan to Interlaken? (considering i plan to make online bookings)

4) If I have to buy the HF card from the swiss station, then till which station should i purchase the ticket from Milan?

Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nihar

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,187 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan to Interlaken OST - via train

Cheapest way, with or without a Swiss Half-Fare card, is to buy a Smart ticket at least two weeks in advance for €19 from Milan to Spiez from http://www.fsitaliane.it/homepage_en.html - select train, click Continue, then choose Smart from the Select Your Fare menu.

Then buy from Spiez to Interlaken from www.sbb.ch or in Spiez, activating your half-fare pass there if you have bought one online. Trains from Spiez to Interlaken do not require advance booking or seat reservations.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
18 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan to Interlaken OST - via train

Thank you for the information.

Also if i buy online ticket, would the print out of same work or would i be required to collect the tickets from the train station?

Thanks,

Nihar

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,187 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan to Interlaken OST - via train

For this route, you must collect a ticket bought online from a ticket machine in any major Italian station, e.g. Milano Centrale, using the code supplied to you by email and the name you used to book the ticket.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan to Interlaken OST - via train

hi there, i have check the ticket online from the website you provide. i will be travelling from basel to milan on 11th july but the ticket price is 90euro. is there any ways to get a cheaper ticket? thanks

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,187 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Milan to Interlaken OST - via train

If you are travelling from Basel to Milan, you cannot buy from Trenitalia, as Trenitalia's tickets for these trains must be picked up from a ticket machine in Italy, as stated earlier in the thread.

You must buy from www.sbb.ch then the ticket can be picked up in Switzerland.

The website will show cheap tickets automatically if they are available, but they do sell out for these trains.

6. Re: Milan to Interlaken OST - via train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 05:18