We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July trip to Venice and Florence

Boston...
Level Contributor
85 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
July trip to Venice and Florence

Hi! Going with my friend to Venice and Florence in July for 10 days. We would like to stick to trains...we both love to walk, enjoy great food and wine and love history. Any suggestions on ether stops along the way (Bologna?) or day trips/excursions from either Venice or Florence? We are most likely starting off in Florence. I have been to Siena but love it and would easily go back. Due to our time constraint, we probably will save Rome and the southern area to another trip. I would be up for anything near the water for a little R&R but it's not crucial. We are foodies so would appreciate any suggestions on that front! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I would be lost witout this forum for trip planning!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July trip to Venice and Florence

Trains Florence to Venice www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html www.italotreno.it

Trenitalia regional trains, from Florence to Pisa and Lucca, Venice to Verona and Padova.

Check train times over the next seven days

Bus to Siena www.busfox.com/timetable

Accommodation www.venere.com

www.discovertuscany.com

www.venice-tourism.com

Regional info www.italia.it/en/home.html

Edited: 04 February 2013, 23:20
Boston...
Level Contributor
85 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July trip to Venice and Florence

Thank you very much!!! WE are so on the fence about this trip and trying to decide if we should do this or Croatia! ha. Too many places to go and not enough time (or money). Thank you again for taking the time to pass on this info! Very helpful!

3. Re: July trip to Venice and Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 05:18