We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian rental car to Croatia?

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
24 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Italian rental car to Croatia?

Will be visiting Italy in April, including Venice. Since we will be so close to Croatia we wanted to do a day trip from Venice. However, the rental company fine print says Western Europe only with no usage in Eastern Europe. We will be renting in Rome, so TA friends, is there any rental companies that will allow driving in Croatia? Thanks in advance.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,423 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian rental car to Croatia?

Driving to the border of Croatia will take you over 4 hours. Even if you could find a rental car company (which I doubt) you would spend at least 8 hours in the car.

Getting to, say Dubrovnik, Croatia, is a journey of 485.2 mi and would take 10 hours one way.

This is not a day trip.

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
24 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italian rental car to Croatia?

Laura, Thanks for the quick answer. It would seem you can't get there from here (at least in a day). Again, thaks for the help. Good travels.

6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Italian rental car to Croatia?

Hi,

Did you end up finding a rental company that would allow you to drive from Italy to Croatia? I am trying to find a rental company that will allow me to?

Thanks

Hayley

4. Re: Italian rental car to Croatia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 November 2015, 08:35
Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italian rental car to Croatia?

You can easily do a daytrip from Venice to Croatia. The drive to Poreč is 3 hours and less than that to the border. We either take the ferry or drive from our house in Istria. Visiting friends do the same! When we fly to Venice we pick up a car from the airport (Budget, Avis) and drive. I highly recommend a trip to Croatia as it is an incredible country!

6. Re: Italian rental car to Croatia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 05:17