We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bookings for you

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bookings for you

Has anyone used bookingsforyou.com to rent a villa or apartment in Italy? I am somewhat concerned about the payment request for the rental agreement.

We are looking at an apartment in Florence and bookings for you manages the bookings I am guessing. They want the deposit for the rental to be sent to a bank in the UK in pounds. Seems somewhat odd to me.

Any recommendations and or experience would be appreciated. Thanks

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bookings for you

It's not all that odd, given that that is a UK company, based in Haslemere (https://www.facebook.com/bookingsforyou) - and no doubt acting as agent for properties in Italy with British owners! If a U.S. company were organising bookings of villas in the Caribbean, owned by Americans, surely the money would go to the U.S., where the owner is located, rather than the country in which the villa is located.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,755 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bookings for you

I'd want to make sure who is there to handle any problems/emergencies at or near the property since the booking agent is in the UK.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bookings for you

So maybe it's not odd but the questions still remains, have you had experience with this company? I still find it odd that a company wants me to send cash to a bank account rather than accepting a CC. I like the fact that if there is an issue I have a way to dispute something if there is an issue. I get that by using a credit card not cash.

I have no doubt the company is legit after doing some research on the owner, but I still have concerns when they ask for a cash payment.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,755 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bookings for you

Even if no one responds with an answer re: this particular booking agent, this is a very common practice when renting apartments/villas etc in Italy.

I choose to not use any agency or individual who wants me to wire cash but a lot of people do it all the time; if you are not comfortable with it, work with one of the many agencies that do accept a credit card.

Have you searched the Italy forum for info about this company?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bookings for you

We have looked at other agencies and will continue to do so, I was fishing for someone who may have used them in the past. If we don't find anyone we will certainly pass if they do not accept Credit Cards.

Thanks for your response I appreciate it.

6. Re: Bookings for you

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 10:26
7. Re: Bookings for you

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,062 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bookings for you

Ello, ello, ello. Bookings For You is based in Haslemere, and now (after the thread has been inactive for 11 months). along comes someone from Haslemere who just happens to join Trip Advisor for the sole purpose of posting two messages advertising Bookings For You. What a pleasing coincidence.

Edited: 05 January 2014, 11:07
9. Re: Bookings for you

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,300 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bookings for you

If you did not declare in your other two postings that you work for or own the company then you are violating posting rules. You are not allowed to advertise on the forums though you can answer questions.

Donna