We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from praiano to Naples

australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transport from praiano to Naples

We need to get from Praiano to Napoli train station to catch train to Milan. Train leaves at 11am. Can anyone recommend best option? Thank you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,523 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from praiano to Naples

Best option or cheapest option? And, when are you traveling?

From Praiano, you can catch the SITA bus going towards Sorrento (it will have originated in Amalfi, so may be full by the time it reaches you which is an ongoing problem in high season) - then from Sorrento, you would catch the local train, Circumvesuviana, to Napoli Centrale which would take roughly 1 hour (more or less depending on which you catch; some have a few more stops which makes the trip a bit longer).

The time from Praiano to Sorrento will be about one hour (more or less, depending on traffic)

Best (to me) is splurging for the price of a car service but that will run around 120 euros or so, so if that is not in the budget, you can do the above public transportation.

I'd give myself 3 hours if using public transportation to get to Napoli Centrale; I'd rather have a bit of time to kill, get an espresso and not feel stressed about missing the train to Milano.

United States
Level Contributor
9,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from praiano to Naples

If you want to go private service, there's an excellent one based in Praiano which I've used before. The prices were quite reasonable.

http://www.benvenutolimos.com

TAB

australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from praiano to Naples

Thank you so much for your help, it is most appreciated.

Regards

Mickis

4. Re: Transport from praiano to Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 05:16