We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Venice to Spiez

Melaka, Malaysia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Train from Venice to Spiez

Hi everyone. I am going to travel by train from Venice to Interlaken Ost on 4.5.2013.

I plan to travel from Venice to Spiez via Milan. Then from Spiez I shall buy a half fare card so that I can use it when I buy the ticket from Spiez to Interlaken.

My question is whether is it necessary for me to buy the ticket from Venice to Spiez in advance or I can just buy the ticket in Venice train station when I reach Venice on 1.5.2013.

Is it possible that the ticket from Venice to Spiez sold out? I check Trenitalia and it shows that train from Venice to Milan is €29 and ticket from Milan to Spiez is N.A. What does that means? Is it cheaper to buy the ticket from Venice to Milan now or the price will be the same on 1.5.2013?

Thank you.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,779 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Train from Venice to Spiez

You have resurrected an old post.

You cannot navigate from the current version of the Trenitalia website www.trenitalia.com (click the UK flag for English before using) to the old version www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

The old version is a legitimate website, but I no longer recommend it as the new version has now improved significantly and now offers Smart fares automatically, if these are not sold out.

Another change since the date of the original post is that http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html now offers print-at-home tickets on the direct trains from Milan to Switzerland and onwards to any Swiss station.

12. Re: Train from Venice to Spiez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:20