We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help Looking Through Itinerary For Switzerland/Italy

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Need Help Looking Through Itinerary For Switzerland/Italy

Hello all!

I'm planning a trip in mid-March 2014 (next year) to Switzerland and Italy and would love for some recommendations/advise to my current itinerary. I'll be traveling with my parents, who aren't really keen on winter sports (skiing, paragliding, etc.) but would like to enjoy the scenery in Switzerland.

Our preferred mode of transports are trains, metro, walking and public transport. Any suggestions are very appreciated. Thanks!

Day 1 : Flight To Switzerland

Day 2 : Arrive at Zurich > Lurcene

Day 3 : Lurcerne > Interlaken

Day 4 : Interlaken > Jungfrau > Interlaken

Day 5 : Interlaken > Geneva > Milan

Day 6 : Milan

Day 7 : Milan > Venice

Day 8 : Venice > Florence

Day 9 : Florence > Pisa > Florence

Day 10 : Florence > The Mall > Florence

Day 11 : Florence

Day 12 : Florence > Rome

Day 13 : Rome > Vatican City > Rome

Day 14 : Rome

Day 15 : Rome

Day 16 : Rome > Flight

Day 17 : Flight To Singapore

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,292 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help Looking Through Itinerary For Switzerland/Italy

Personally, I think you're planning too much. Most places you have listed for a day and some don't even get a day. Day 1 and 2 has you traveling to and from Lucerne leaving no time to visit especially after a long haul flight. Day 7 and 8 has you traveling to and from Venice. This leaves no time to actually see Venice so why bother going there?

You have 11 different stops planned for 14 in country days. That's too much in my opinion and not enough time to actually visit where you stopping. You're going to spend all of your time on the train and not any time actually visiting any of the sites. If this is the way you like to travel then you should have a wonderful time. I would suggest cutting out half of your stops and actually relaxing on your vacation.

Donna

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,400 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help Looking Through Itinerary For Switzerland/Italy

I agree with the previous post, 11 stops in 14 days is too much. My trip reports on the link below will hopefully give you some ideas:-

Lake Maggiore including Milan

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g663877-i14128-k…

Rome

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k433…

Venice

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187870-i57-k576…

3. Re: Need Help Looking Through Itinerary For Switzerland/Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 06:16