We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bled to Venice. Through Auronozo Di Cadore or Cortina?

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Bled to Venice. Through Auronozo Di Cadore or Cortina?

Travelling from munich to bled on (date), after that I plan to drive from bled across Dolomitz to Venice. But I would like to stay in Dolemitz in some place for one night, to sleep over.

I was searching on google maps and michelin advisor and found two different routes, one going across Cortina and the other going through Auronozo Di Cadore.

Which route is more scenic, and along these two routes are there any really affordable accommodations?

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bled to Venice. Through Auronozo Di Cadore or Cortina?

We have just watched (saturday) the 2nd last stage of Giro d'Italia with the riders passing through Cortina and then Auronzo, via Tre Croci pass, before heroically reaching the 3 pics of Lavaredo under a snow storm and the temperature falling to -3. Coming from the east, point out Ampezzo, reach Lozzo di Cadore along the ss 52, turn right into the regional road 48 to Auronzo and proceed to Tre Croci pass then Cortina. The road continues to Canazei but to Venice you can cut turning on the left, after the Falzarego pass, to Alleghe via Andraz di Livinallongo.

The first stretch of this part is very steep and narrow but spectacular.

One affordable hotel is at Palus San Marco between Auronzo and Tre Croci pass.

www.albergomughetto.it

2. Re: Bled to Venice. Through Auronozo Di Cadore or Cortina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:17