We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monza F1 Grand Prix 2013 - where to stay?

Scotland
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Monza F1 Grand Prix 2013 - where to stay?

Hi,

My partner and I are hoping to go to the Monza F1 Grand Prix. We will have a car but I imagine the traffic and parking will be terrible on race day itself so trying to avoid this. We will be arriving early on the Saturday morning so he can go to qualifying and i'm planning of doing a bit of shopping / sightseeing in Milan that day. Can anyone reccomend a hotel / area of Milan we can stay that has good public transport links to both Monza and the Centre of Milan.

Thanks

Lyndsey

Milano
Level Contributor
4,230 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monza F1 Grand Prix 2013 - where to stay?

If you stay close to Milan Central Station you may easily arrive to Milan center and Monza railway station and from there to the Park by bus.

In my opinion arriving in Monza by train and then by bus to the park is the faster alternative: www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

If you have a car parking close to Centrale may be difficult of costly, try this opportunity: http://www.garage2000.it/

Pay attention that train to Monza leave also from Milano Porta Garibaldi that is two stops by tube from Centrale.

Another possibility is to find a hotel near Viale Monza and from there arrive in the center by tube (line 1) and to Monza by tube till Sesto San Giovanni, catch a train to Monza railway station and then the bus to the park.

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monza F1 Grand Prix 2013 - where to stay?

I've met many germans during the Schumi era staying In Argegno on lake Como or Intelvi valley (San Fedele or Lanzo) going to Monza via bus+train.

Milano
Level Contributor
4,230 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monza F1 Grand Prix 2013 - where to stay?

Very good alternative staying on Lake Como and travel to Monza-Milan by train.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monza F1 Grand Prix 2013 - where to stay?

The problem is finding accommodation during the F1 weekend at a reasonable cost, in Lake Como I doubt you'll find accommodation just for 2 nights as they're still very busy in September so I think you'r best bet is around the Central Station, you can park the car at the underground parking at the Hilton hotel and get the train to the circuit.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monza F1 Grand Prix 2013 - where to stay?

Just to add on race day the roads in Monza are closed to traffic so if you do go by car you need to park at one of the big parking lots and get the bus to the park from there, you need to allow about 30/40 minutes walking time to the circuit where the bus lets you off as the track is inside Monza park.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monza F1 Grand Prix 2013 - where to stay?

Hi there

I am in the same boat. We will be travelling to F1 in September- there are three of us but only one of us is going to be at the F1 every day but the other two of us want to explore the sights. Where are we best to get a hotel that is near the train needed to get to the track but close to the sights.

Thanks

Buda, Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Monza F1 Grand Prix 2013 - where to stay?

Sounds like the same thing I just went through! Wife & friend not going to race...just me. Triple rooms are starting to get tight at places close to stations in Milan. Had booked Hotel Galles which is close to Central. But girls decided they'd rather be up on Lake Como & visit Bellagio,Menaggio & Varenna, so ended up renting a condo in. Fiumelatte that is next to the train station there. Easy for me to catch train early in the morning. Takes about 1 1/2 hr to Monza.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monza F1 Grand Prix 2013 - where to stay?

Hi there

I found a place in Milan which is said to be near the Central Train Station - 'Club Hotel' Can any one confirm howlong it takes from Centrale Station to the track and if you need to catch another form or transport after you get off the train? The hotel is on Via Copernico - does any one have any comments about the hotel or area?

The condo in fiumelatte sounds devine - enjoy!

As for the F1 - Go Lewis!!!

Buda, Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Monza F1 Grand Prix 2013 - where to stay?

There are some variables on the trains, and where your seats are & what days you are going will determine the best option. On Sunday only, there are free trains that go from Central to the Lesmo station which is just outside the track by the Lesmo Curve. Nice walk through the park, but a pretty good distance from any of the grandstands.

The pay trains the other days & on Sunday go to the Monza Station. From there, you can take a free shuttle that drops you off at a spot where it's about a 20 -30 minute walk to the Vedano gate.

You can also catch a regular pay bus(#221) that will drop you closer to the Vedano or Biassono gates, so less walking. I don't think it will save you any time actually getting to the track over the free shuttles, but you'd walk less.

If you check this link & also Google Maps for Monza, it will give you a pretty good idea on what to expect.

monzanet.it/en/…20en

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monza F1 Grand Prix 2013 - where to stay?

Thank you so much that is really helpful :)