We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes? how bad will they be in mid june

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitoes? how bad will they be in mid june

hi all we arrive tomorow start at milan travel pisa venice lake garda areas on a coach tour will we be pestered by Mosquitoes? and wasps? i react badly to both we have plug inns for room i wear insct repelant with deet and avon skin so soft blue ( as recomended on T A ) found it quite good in greece but still got bitten just not as bad also burn citranela candels

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,739 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes? how bad will they be in mid june

I personally find mosquitoes and wasps in Italy are not as bad as Greece. However, I strongly suggest you take plug inns for the rooms and use a good insect repelant with DEET. Have a great trip!

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,813 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes? how bad will they be in mid june

I was in Ferrara and Ravenna in April and I was eaten alive by mosquitoes. I am never going to Italy again without packing a DEET based repellant. I really like the time-released DEET formulation in Ultraton. Lasts 12 hours (ie allnight).

3. Re: Mosquitoes? how bad will they be in mid june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:18