We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ZTLs in Italy

Canada
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Topic
ZTLs in Italy

Hi, During our trip to Italy this summer we will be using a rental car. How can I learn about ZTLs in different Italian cities, like Venice, Verona, Florence, Rome?Where can I find this information? Thank you.

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
7,882 posts
1,186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ZTLs in Italy

hi karina

ztl is a huge problem in italy

in the big cities there are different areas,in the city center, that u have to avoid

i dont know where can u get info on line but for sure u ll see them on our way before getting the bill

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,983 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ZTLs in Italy

Florence: http://en.comune.fi.it/mobility/driving.html

I found that by googling - you can do the same for the other cities.

Obviously, no ZTL in Venice as there are no roads - so no need to worry about one.

New York
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ZTLs in Italy

Here's a current post on the subject with different links in it.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k65963…

Canada
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ZTLs in Italy

Thank you. I will google and do my homework.

Turin
Level Contributor
5,951 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ZTLs in Italy

Don't try to learn where is every single ZTL in every city you're going to drive in. It's impossible and means looking for troubles.

Assume there is always a ZTL and learn how is the the ZTL sign. Remember that the first one is always at least 150 meters before the camera. They are not hidden, they are very visible (if they weren't, judges would cancel the fines and the cities would lose the money).

Edited: 19 June 2013, 21:30
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,983 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ZTLs in Italy

There is no reason to have a car in any of the cities you mention; driving into them is pretty much off limits. A car is good to have for the countryside but even then, you can't drive into and park in most towns but a car is really needed to go through Tuscany, Umbria, etc countrysides.

Getting from any of these places to other via train is a great way to travel - no fuss of the worry of the ZTLs or the speed cameras, parking fees and sky high fuel costs.

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
7,882 posts
1,186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ZTLs in Italy

thanks for helping her

i didnt manage to find news on line

Canada
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ZTLs in Italy

We are not planning to use the car in the cities, that's why we will pick it up and return a couple of times. I am planning to use the train between Florence and Rome but for Tuscany and Amalfi coast I want to have a car.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ZTLs in Italy

Depending on when you are going, you do not want a car on the Amalfi Coast.

10. Re: ZTLs in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 01:34
Edited: 12 November 2013, 01:34