We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trenitalia

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
365 reviews
Save Topic
Trenitalia

I have purchased seats on a Frecciargento train from Naples to Rome. I have a printout from the computer that shows I have booked the seats and the price I have paid. How and where do I collect the tickets?

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trenitalia

Hi Lindagaf, you don't have to collect the tickets, you already have the tickets: it's the printout! It's like an airplane ticket: you are booked on that train, for that day, seating in that place.

Bring the printout with you, obviously! :-))))

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,068 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trenitalia

That is the ticket - as long as you have a PNR number on it, just show it to the conductor when asked. No need to collect anything.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trenitalia

That should be all you need... other than, perhaps, to read this:

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trenitalia

Thanks everyone. I didn't think it would be as simple as that.:-)

New York
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trenitalia

Wait a second....

There is a confirmation page (receipt) that will print out with the seats and price however it is not necessarily the ticket. Make sure what you have in hand has the barcode on it which is what gets scanned by the conductor. If it does not have a bar code on it then it is the receipt not the ticket. If you did not specifically hit "print ticket" you might not have the ticket. This happened to me, but fortunately I realized it and then I printed the ticket.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,448 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trenitalia

All you need to have to keep the conductor happy is the booking number (PNR). It could be written on the back of your hand.

New York
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trenitalia

Good to know for the future. Thanks!

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trenitalia

Again, thanks!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trenitalia

I wouldn't rely on a PNR written on the back of my hand. In the case of error, it won't really convince the ticket inspector. Bring the printout!

I've sometimes encountered tourists who think someone's trying to take their seat, or that a train official is trying to cheat them; some even become quite insistent about it, when after all they've got the seats right, but are in the wrong carriage.

10. Re: Trenitalia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 06:20