We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 weeks in Italy- Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, ?

Seattle
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
4 weeks in Italy- Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, ?

My husband and I will be in Italy for a month in September. Ideally we'd like to have a base and explore the area around. So maybe split the trip into 2 weeks at 2 separate bases. Could you give us recommendations of towns to look into? We like to hike and/or relax near a water-body (swimming lake would be awesome!) at our base home. As for what we want to see- Rome, Florence, Naples, Cinque Terre and small-town life with great food options. We love to cook and would like to learn more about Italian cuisine and life as well.

Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
19 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 weeks in Italy- Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, ?

I can recommend Prato Verde near Lucca. They rent out flats, close to their family-owned restaurant with very traditional Italian cooking. Nice private beaches are 10-15 minutes away, Lucca is nearby and Firenze can be reached on a daytrip It's also a beautiful spot with swimming pool and nice nature.

2. Re: 4 weeks in Italy- Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 05:16