We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

correcting Trenitalia reservation

West Chester...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
correcting Trenitalia reservation

The difference in calendars and way of setting out dates caused me to buy tickets for the wrong day for Venice to Pescara. I wanted them a day earlier but got the calendar Wednesday and Tuesday mixed up.

I've spent hours on the webpage and gotten nowhere trying to modify the tickets or even to cancel them and start over.

I click on the link from the order confirmation they sent, start the modification process, change the date, click on the train time and select the fare (I was even trying to raise it from 2nd class economy to first class economy) but nothing happens. I keep getting an error message about ticket names which mean nothing to me.

So I tried to just cancel the ticket, choose that option but it only says there is an error and to try again later.

is what I am trying to do impossible online? have I been doing something wrong? Do I have to wait until we get to Venice to go to the train station a few days early and make the change?

Can't believe I got into this bind trying to be efficient! (Note I bought without registering and used that link, but I have since registered and going in under my user name gets me no further).

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,572 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: correcting Trenitalia reservation

Did you try either of these two options?

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

2. Re: correcting Trenitalia reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 20:14
Edited: 16 February 2015, 20:14
3. Re: correcting Trenitalia reservation

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 20:14
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,261 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: correcting Trenitalia reservation

Super Economy tickets cannot be changed at all. Economy tickets can be changed once, but only at a train station in Italy. Some posts have suggested that Trenitalia may be prepared to show some flexibility if it is contacted quickly, but I have mislaid the phone number.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: correcting Trenitalia reservation

QUOTE:

"You can't change them for a train that leaves before the one you booked."

This states the rule PRIOR to Trenitalia's latest rule changes.

The NEW rule has been liberalized for the "Economy" ticket: you ARE permitted ONE reservation change, PRIOR to the originally scheduled departure date/time. You will need to PAY the DIFFERENCE in fare between what you actually paid for your discounted ticket and the regular, "BASE" fare. This means that you will FORFEIT the discount. You can select any new departure date or time (whether before or after the original scheduled departure), as long as you keep the same departure/arrival points, category of train, and class of service.

The "Economy" ticket is otherwise nonrefundable.

The "Super Economy" ticket remains nonrefundable AND non-changeable. Use it or lose it. No changes allowed whatsoever.

NEW rules for the "Economy" ticket:

RULES for the "Super Economy" ticket:

West Chester...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: correcting Trenitalia reservation

If I understand you right i would have to click on the base fare for the new date and not the economy fare that is highlited. Id been trying to just click on the economy fare for the new date since it was highlighted.

Id also been using the Trenitalia.it web address so i will try the other one in the morning.

Thanks for all the suggestions

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: correcting Trenitalia reservation

You are trying to modify a reservation made at the "economy" fare. Don't try to upgrade from second to first class, as this may cause the request to be rejected. Also, don't try to change the train category. If the system is functioning properly, it should allow ONE change to the different date you select. The ticket at the economy fare cannot be cancelled, as it is non-refundable.

West Chester...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: correcting Trenitalia reservation

so this is about as far as I've gotten after two mornings of work. Spent one morning trying to get the modificationsdone by clicking on the link my purchase email gave me for making modifications. That kept just getting me error messages.

Today I was finally able to get the website to get me into the info for Economy tickets (bottom right of the page) and in order to make my one allowed modification I had to enter the info for my reservations. Several times it would say there was the wrong email address for the reservation/ticket information (Cp and PNR) but then finally decided it could accept the numbers. But then it said that since more than one CP was involved I had to log in for the LeFrecce Costomer service (it is an express train on the FrecceBianco line) . When I clicked on that link on the Treitalia website there was no other way to get into customer service and I was back to where I started.

Am I missing something? I've never been so frustrated on a website, kept going around and around and getting to the same places. If I can't do this online despite all the assurances on the webpage I could do it online, I guess my choices are to either wait and try to do it in person in Venice. OR just forget these tickets and buy new ones for the right date.

Has anyone ever been able to achieve a modification online?

9. Re: correcting Trenitalia reservation

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 06:21