We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is staying near Termino Station, Rome safe?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Is staying near Termino Station, Rome safe?

Hello,

Our travel agent has booked us into Hotel Gioberti right near Termini Station. It's the only hotel of our whole trip that I'm unsure of. I've heard very mixed reviews on both the hotel and the area.

Is this area safe to stroll at night to a local restaurant?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is staying near Termino Station, Rome safe?

** termini, sorry

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,487 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is staying near Termino Station, Rome safe?

It is not the most attractive part of Rome, but that does not mean it is unsafe. There are many people on the streets until late at night, and violent crime is unusual

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is staying near Termino Station, Rome safe?

Thanks sydneynick!

Yes, I've heard it's not very 'pretty'.

We leave Australia on Monday. Do you think it's worth the hassle in looking for a different hotel at such short notice? Or do you think it won't impact our stay tooooo much. We will hardly be at the hotel, out and about etc; so I'm thinking it should be ok?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,487 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is staying near Termino Station, Rome safe?

I prefer to stay around Piazza Navona or Pantheon, but Termini is quite convenient: it is served by both metro lines and many bus routes.

australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is staying near Termino Station, Rome safe?

We have stayed many times near Termini in Via Marghera - never had a problem. Just take the usual travelling precautions you would take in any big city.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is staying near Termino Station, Rome safe?

We always stay at the Metropole near the Termini and have never had any problems it's handy for the station and within walking distance to the Trevi fountain.I would check out the reviews here in the hotel section then decide if you want to change.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,945 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is staying near Termino Station, Rome safe?

I have stayed in this neighborhood overnight and walked around there more than once after dark with no bad effects. Lodging near Termini is some of the cheapest in central Rome, but you have to take public transport to nearly all the major sites it you don’t feel like walking 1-2 miles to get there. The other down side is that is charmless and modern

Distance from Termini

1.45 miles to Piazza Navona (as the bird flies)

1.27 miles to the Pantheon (2.04 km)

1 mile to the Colosseum

2.5 miles to Vatican city (St Peter’s Basilica)

Bus 40 into triangle defined by Pantheon, Campo Fiori, and Piazza Navona

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

8. Re: Is staying near Termino Station, Rome safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:18