We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to Italy, looking for all sorts of info

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip to Italy, looking for all sorts of info

Hi everyone, I am planning for a trip to Italy sometime next year. Actually I have been planning this since a long time but for some or the other reasons, it hasn't really worked out. off late, I have been loking at the various websites for all sorts of information and then i stumbled across this forum and thought whats better than getting some sort of firsthand info.

Can you please suggest what is the minimum no of days that I need to spend in Italy to cover Rome, Pisa, Venice, and (one of these two) Tuscany and Cinque terre. I must add that I do not possess a lot of interest in museums and the intention to visit Italy is to see the natural beauty and the famous monuments, hence I did not pick Florence. I will be greatful if the experts could provide any kind of information to make this trip the most breathtaking trip ever for me and my wife. Is there anything that I must add to my list,. something that is NOT TO BE MISSED at any cost. I had heard Sorrento is great too, but that seems to be far away from the other places I have listed out(as seen on google maps), but I may be wrong.

Looking forward to your responses. Many thanks in advance.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,258 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip to Italy, looking for all sorts of info

When you put your itinerary together, take into account the days of changing accommodation and travel between destinations.

Check for a multi city air ticket to avoid back tracking, fly into Venice and out of Rome

ie: www.emirates.com

Trains connecting Venice, Monterosso (Cinque Terre), Florence ( capitol of Tuscany) and Rome

www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for current train times and fares www.italotreno.com

Excursions by Trenitalia train, from Venice to Verona and Padova, from Florence to Pisa and Lucca, from Rome Orvieto

Bus Florence to Siena and San Gimignano www.busfox.com/timetable

www.venice-tourism.com www.timeout.com/venice

www.incinqueterre.com

www.discovertuscany.com www.aboutpisa.info www.lucca.ca

www.rome.info www.timeout.com/rome

Regional info Veneto, Tuscany, Lazio and Umbria www.italia.it/en/home.html

Accommodation www.venere.com www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip to Italy, looking for all sorts of info

that is a hell of a response , thanks a ton for this Nurioopta . I will go through each of them now. Thanks again.

3. Re: Planning a trip to Italy, looking for all sorts of info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:19