We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel booking now or later

wexford
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel booking now or later

Hi there we are or like to book a holiday for two weeks next summer end of July around lake garda we never been there we won't be hiring a car we like cycling and outdoor stuff or just relaxing by pool or lake my question now is should we book somewhere now or wait awhile I'm gonna do it myself and thinking book flights first and then hotel or apartment so just wandering if I did book flight now and waited for awhile would I get better deals from hotels or apartments advice any one please

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,445 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel booking now or later

It's the date of your stay that determines the price of accommodation, and you will be going in high season. Apart from last-minute city hotel deals, I don't know of any case in which accommodation prices drop when you book later rather than earlier, and to be sure of getting the accommodation you want in July, I think you should book by Easter at the latest. But I don't see how you could get lower prices than you would now!

wexford
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel booking now or later

Sorry explained wrong if prices are similar to what they are now is good is just would every where be booked up I'm planning on booking no later than December this year so would that b safe enough

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel booking now or later

The villages are quite small so hotels get booked up quite quickly so I would book as soon as you book your flights , you're going in high season so prices won't come down.

wexford
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel booking now or later

Thank you for that unfortunately the type of jobs we have only allow us to take holidays during the school holidays so we have no choice but to go in high season

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel booking now or later

If you book through www.booking.com or www.venere.com they offer a good cancellation policy, upto 3 days before, and also only hold card details as a guarantee, you pay at the hotel when you arrive/depart. So it may be worthwhile holding a place now, it can be cancelled if not suitable

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel booking now or later

Booking.com and venere.com don't have uniform cancellation policies; you have to read the cancellation policy of the hotel. Still, many, if not most, of the hotels have good cancellation policies. I had to cancel a holiday this spring, which involved five hotels reserved on booking.com. One had a cancellation policy that required me to pay for the first night's stay, but the others I was able to cancel with no charge.

wexford
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel booking now or later

Thank you I will be sure to read the small print I got a good price today on flights should I book them now separately and leave hotels until more prices come in . Opinions please

8. Re: Hotel booking now or later

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 05:18