We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute questions

Toronto
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Last minute questions

We finally leave for Italy on Wednesday! Uncharacteristically for me, with only 3 days left, I'm still trying to figure out what to pack. I'll be coming from Canada where the temps are starting to dip to the high teens-low 20s (Celcius) during the day. I've checked some of the cities we'll be going to (Venice, Bologna, Florence, Naples, Rome) and see highs of low-mid 20s, but I'm not sure if 23 degrees in, say, Florence, is the same as here in Toronto. Is there humidity to factor in that would make it feel even warmer? Is it still warm enough (during the day) to wear capri pants (knee length or a bit longer)? I'm trying to get by with a carry on sized bag so if I can leave the more 'summer' clothes behind and only bring 'fall', it would really help!

Mentioned in this post
Canada Hotel
Canada Hotel
1,300 Reviews
Milan, Italy
Hotel Bologna
Hotel Bologna
357 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,437 Reviews
from US$82.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
538 Reviews
from US$412.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany 1-Day Sightseeing Tour with...
6,896 Reviews
from US$112.50*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,815 Reviews
from US$60.80*
US$67.50
Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute questions

The weather in September in Florence averages in the mid to high 70s; even to the low 80's during the day, and down to the high 50's to mid 60's at night. (it was 86 today!) That's pretty warm during the day, plenty warm for capris. We've been to Italy 3 times from mid-September to early October, and my wife has always taken capris and been comfortable.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Toronto
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute questions

Thanks! Sounds like it's still closer to summer temps there now than the Fall temps we're experiencing at home. Will change packing plans accordingly.

3. Re: Last minute questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 05:18