We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50cc scooter rent without any kind of licence?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
307 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
50cc scooter rent without any kind of licence?

About to research on my next 'adventure',having way too many desires and dreams of places to see, explore and experience.

Some of them may even be killed by birth due to different kind of circumstances which may make that specific trip impossible on the origin form...

One of my dreams is to explore bella Italia free as a bird, riding into the blue and where fate takes me, and since i have no drivers license, it must be on a little scooter - which also gives time to really absorbe the views and easy to stop for pictures, which is my big passion.

Haven't been able to find the answer to exactly my question on whether i can rent a 50 cc scooter in Italy, when i'm not having any kind of license,- scooter, car nor motorcyckle.

(Please - before anyone go on rambling about crazyness and other fun things i have picked up in other treads) - at my age (46) licence is not required for the smallest scooter/moped in my country!

Also i'm aware on the italian traffic.

So i pray you to simply just answer my simple question - if i can rent a 50cc without any kind of license?

Grazie mille :-)

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50cc scooter rent without any kind of licence?

You need a driving license to drive 50cc scooter in Italy.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
307 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50cc scooter rent without any kind of licence?

Grazie Tabata

So, that's for renting - but after having checked upon prices for a months rent, i'm now considering the possibility of buying an old, used one.

So my next question is, if it's legal for me to drive one without any license??

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 50cc scooter rent without any kind of licence?

No it is not legal

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 50cc scooter rent without any kind of licence?

No, it isn't. How can you drive if you don't know street rules and signs?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
307 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 50cc scooter rent without any kind of licence?

Oh, but I sure know them allright, just don't have the license to prove it :-D

But thanks for responding, that was one dreamplan down the drain, - on to the next one! B-)

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
307 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 50cc scooter rent without any kind of licence?

.....just for the record - to the best of my knowledge, it is still not required to have a license to ride a bicycle, even they actually (also) are moving around in traffic, and very often at a higher speed than a 50cc scooter - so why the (condenscending???) question about rules and signs and stuff, i don't really get ;-)

Edited: 07 October 2013, 14:10
Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 50cc scooter rent without any kind of licence?

It's the EU law!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
307 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 50cc scooter rent without any kind of licence?

To have a license to ride a bike?!? :-o :-D

Don't think so ;-)

9. Re: 50cc scooter rent without any kind of licence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 October 2013, 10:26
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 50cc scooter rent without any kind of licence?

On check, one supplier required a driver's licence, and one didn't, so perhaps check with your specific supplier.

New European driving licence for more security, safety and free movement:

europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-13-10_en.…

Vagabonda