We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence, rome and .....? Need some help

Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Topic
Florence, rome and .....? Need some help

What would be a good destination to add to florence and rome? other than venice as we have already been there.

We have about 10 days and were thinking of going in may or september. I was thinking of the amalfi coast such as positano but i keep reading that its too far south and may be too much travelling time . Can anyone make a suggestion?

Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Florence, rome and .....? Need some help

Thank you all so much your advice is very helpful im reading some companies offer day toura to sienna & san gimignano leaving at 8am to 8 pm are those day tours descent or would it be too rushed ? I thought we could do that one day and pisa and maybe a winery on another day and the 3 rd day just in florence. Does that sound like to much?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,551 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Florence, rome and .....? Need some help

I can't imagine seeing Florence in just one day - what do you plan to see there?

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Florence, rome and .....? Need some help

I agree with MC - one day in Florence is not enough. Pisa would be almost a full day trip, definitely a full day if you include Lucca. A Tuscany wine tour will also take a full day.

Don't forget that you will lose a 1/2 on your arrival day, due to getting through immigration/customs, getting out of the airport, getting to your hotel, checking in, unpacking, freshening up, then lunch. Same for when you change cities.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,112 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Florence, rome and .....? Need some help

If you want to do all those day trips you need 5 nights in Florence -- Florence is one of the most dense places to visit in terms of time consuming things to see and do -- if you are going to try to squeeze in the Amalfi Coast then you don't have time for more than Florence itself

If you do spend more time in Florence, then a side trip or two makes sense. I would do an independent trip to Siena, one of the most lovely places in Italy, rather than doing a rush rush bus trip to several towns. But you have to do what works for you.

West Chester...
Level Contributor
963 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Florence, rome and .....? Need some help

When one hears about the Villa Hadrian you expect it to be one large ruin of a single estate. It turned out to be a fairly large town! Much larger than expected and lots to explore

16. Re: Florence, rome and .....? Need some help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 06:20