We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to visit Venice + Rome

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Want to visit Venice + Rome

I'm obsessed with Italy and I'm desperate to return next year.

It's my 30th and my GF really wants to see Venice. I've been but only back packing so wasn't relaxed as such.

Is 4 nights too long to spend there? Is it the same kinda price as Florence?

------ and ------

I also want to go to Rome but think it may be best to do seperate trips. Eg go to Venice then a few months later go to Rome to break it up.

I did consider going to Venice then train down to Rome but not sure that's a good idea.

Any thoughts?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to visit Venice + Rome

Hi Redrabbit-I believe Venice is more expensive than Florence.

Staying in Venice, especially around the touristy areas, to me, can be overwhelming...swarms of people. I stayed in Murano one year; its quiet and residential. We went to Lido and its beaches for part of one day, then Burano and Torcello on another day. Unless you have a lot of plans to visit the many museums and sites, I would recommend only 3 nights.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,182 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to visit Venice + Rome

I keep going back to Venice. I find it endlessly fascinating.

Is 4 days all you have? If so, I wouldn't split it, but if you can add on time for Rome then by all means take the fast train between Venice and Rome. They are excellent, and booked up to 4 months in advance, you can get really cheap prices. www.trenitalia.com and click on the British flag.

3. Re: Want to visit Venice + Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 06:19