We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oct 18th train strike

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Oct 18th train strike

Hello I had booked train tickets from Venice to Milan and then Milan train station to malpensa airport. I am flying out from Milan to London. All of these travel plans are on the 18 th. I know they will have limited service during the morning n my train is at 7:50 am. Has anyone had any past experiences with train strikes? Do u think my train (Venice => Milan ) will b running? Thank

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,217 posts
809 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oct 18th train strike

At the following webpage

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

it seems that only a few long-distance trains are deleted Friday 18 October, and among these there is no train Venice-Milan at all.

It 's more difficult to find information on trains from "Milano Centrale" to Malpensa.

The first train from "Milano Centrale" to Malpensa after the arrival of the train from Venice, is at 10.55. Upon arrival in Milan, you can check whether this train travels.

However, if unfortunately this train was canceled, you can always use the bus:

malpensashuttle.it/carico/… 287% 29.pdf

Brun066

2. Re: Oct 18th train strike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 06:20