We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip from Rome to Florence and Sorento June 2014

london
Level Contributor
151 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Trip from Rome to Florence and Sorento June 2014

I have been lucky enough to visit Rome and Florence on a couple of day trips twenty years or so ago. I would like to take my partner for a ten day trip this coming June.

We are planning to fly into Rome for three days, then onto Florence for three days, and finish off in Sorrento for a few nights before returning to the UK.

I would appreciate some ideas of medium range hotels in these three places, which are centrally located so that we can 'do the sights' within walking distances.

Also, what is the best method of travel from Rome to Florence to Sorrento.

The budget for this trip is medium, as we are looking to have a quick sightseeing visit to Italy as a mid season break from our own hotel in the UK.

Thanks in advance for advice

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,551 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip from Rome to Florence and Sorento June 2014

"Medium" is different for different people - can you offer your budget range for lodging? You can also use www.venere.com - you can sort there by budget, room type, etc

If you fly home from Rome, I would suggest you fly into Rome (or Florence if that is an option for you), go immediately to Florence (just 90 minutes on the fast train), then after Florence, travel (via train) to Sorrento and then end your trip with your days in Rome so you are there the night before you fly home.

www.trenitalia.com for trains to Florence (Firenze S M Novella) from Roma Termini (Rome's main train station) - then Florence to Napoli Centrale from which you would then catch the local train, the Circumvesuviana, to Sorrento. This local train is just that - a local for people who live there and it makes quite a few stops, taking an average of 60-80 minutes to reach Sorrento from Naples.

2. Re: Trip from Rome to Florence and Sorento June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 05:19