We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local airline question please help

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
742 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
local airline question please help

Thanks in advance for any help and advice. We will be traveling from Athens to Venice in May 2014. I realize this is before peak season, and we prefer to go non stop. Aegean Airlines doesn't offer flights yet, but Airone does. As far as I can tell from their website Airone is part of Alitalia but there airfares are alot more affordable. As if now Alitialia is 3 times more expensive than Airone. Does anyone have any experience with this airline before I purchase tickets and/or is there perhaps an other airline that you can recommend.

Again, we are only interested in going non-stop , not changing planes in Rome. If there are other options please let me know. Thanks again for any help or recommendations..

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,652 reviews
from US$73.94*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,424 reviews
from US$109.08*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,022 reviews
from US$60.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
485 reviews
from US$399.98*
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local airline question please help

Passenger comments www.airlinequality.com

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local airline question please help

I have flown air One a few times Milan to Rome and each time the flight was delayed, this is common on this route but I don't know if it's the same case with an Athens flight.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,801 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: local airline question please help

As far as I can see, the Air One and the Alitalia direct flights are exactly the same flight, though the tickets you buy on the different websites may have different conditions.

Alitalia doesn't always offer its cheapest non-exchangeable/non-refundable fares on its US English website, which may account for the large difference in price.

4. Re: local airline question please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 05:18