We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with planning Christmas/New Years Italy Itinerary

Garden Grove...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help with planning Christmas/New Years Italy Itinerary

This is my 2nd time in Italy and my husband's first time. We are in our early - mid thirties. We are arriving in Venice on Christmas day and flying out of Rome on Jan. 7th so that gives us exactly two weeks in Italy. We've already decided to stay in Venice for 3 nights. After that, we are completely open. We're thinking of maybe taking the train from Venice to Florence and stay there for a few days. Maybe going up to Sienna and Tuscany region. Other thoughts are going down south to Naples, Sorrento, or maybe hopping over to Sicily before heading to Rome. Any thoughts? We prefer to take the train as much as possible. We can do short flights as well. Didn't plan on renting a car. What city would be good for us to be at during New Years? Are there areas we should skip altogether because of Winter? Any help would be great since this is only a month away! Thank you!

Pottersville, New...
Level Contributor
123 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with planning Christmas/New Years Italy Itinerary

In the winter, I'd stick with Venice, Florence, and Rome. Lots of indoor things to do if the weather's bad, but also great wandering outdoors if you get a nice day. And with two weeks, three cities is about the right amount of travel. From Florence, you could do a day trip or overnighter to Siena, which is a larger town. But places more in the Tuscan countryside or Sorrento/Amalfi area will not have as much to offer in Jan. Buon viaggio!

2. Re: Need help with planning Christmas/New Years Italy Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 05:16