We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations in Val Gardena, Dolomites

Minnesota
Level Contributor
65 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodations in Val Gardena, Dolomites

We (couple in our 50s and 15-yr-old daughter) are planning a trip for mid June. We would like to spend two nights in or near the Dolomites and I am trying to sort through our lodging options. I am looking at Castelrotto, Ortisei, Selva, St. Ulrich, etc., and have read so many reviews that my head is spinning! The majority are from skiers, who need things that we don't (proximity to lifts/bus stops, good heat, hot tub), so it is a little hard to sort them all out. Since we will have a car, we would like to be a bit off the main road if possible. Scenery and a room big enough for 3 are the main criteria, and family-run without a big ski lodge feel would be ideal. German-speaking would be better than Italian-speaking, but it looks as though most places have some English speakers. Any recommendations? Thank you!

United States
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations in Val Gardena, Dolomites

I enjoyed my stay in Ortisei at Hotel Digon. http://www.hoteldigon.com/en/

It has all you are asking for, family run, German (and other languages) speaking, out of town a bit for easy parking, great evening meals. I was in a family room with beds for 4, a sitting area, and a balcony with a terrific view of the mountains.

TAB

Minnesota
Level Contributor
65 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations in Val Gardena, Dolomites

Thank you for this recommendation. I had noted the good reviews of Hotel Digon, and now we are planning to stay there two nights. Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my question.

3. Re: Accommodations in Val Gardena, Dolomites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:16