I have posted numerous times and tried various tactics/forums to seek answers. What remains is a bit of frustration at not being able to nail down the last 6 unscheduled nights of our trip this May/June 2014.
My wife and I will be making our second trip to Italy and will have been in Italy for about three weeks when a 6 night trip to the coast (early June) sounds like the perfect fit.
What prompted this latest post is that I just discussed my frustration with my wife. What emerged from this is that we really want a place that makes us feel like..
."Wow...we're really Here!"
The criteria is simple...a dramatic beautiful coastline...rocky with picturesque beaches...and a picturesque town or two to explore. The doesn't have to be an emphasis on churches, archeological sites or museums for this portion of our trip. It's more about "feel of location"....and the food of course! ;-)
1. Tropea or a combination of Tropea and a few other places. Perhaps time spent on an Aeolian Island?
2. Sicily with emphasis on beaches...perhaps in combination with Aeolian Islands or Tropea?
3. Stay the whole time on one of the Aeolian islands...visit the others?
4. Going to Puglia...but not really seeing Puglia...and staying on the Gargano peninsula....visiting towns in the area and hitting the beaches.
5. Returning to the Amalfi Coast area...but staying in another town...perhaps basing on the island of Capri and doing a day trip into Naples for pizza and then onto Pompeii? Or basing in Ravello and hitting a few of the lesser known beaches?
6. Venturing south to the Cilento area. Places like Palinuro, Materea Scalea, Camerota
7. Staying somewhere north of Sorrento to have dramatic scenery, access to Naples, Walk of the Gods, nice beaches and the islands.
8. Something I missed....perhaps Ponza?
I truly hope I haven't irritated anyone with my indecisive nature. (because I'm actually irritating myself). Opinions and advice will be very helpful. How do I decide? is not only the subject but truly a question. If someone believes I am beyond help here on TA...then I would welcome general advice on how to best make this decision on my own.