We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in Italy

Glasgow, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting married in Italy

Hi all. I'm researching locations for my wedding and currently looking at Italy. The problem is I have no idea where to start, there are so many beautiful cities that I am totally overwhelmed. Can anyone provide any hints and tips on researching weddings in Italy, how you went about planning the big day and any recommendations.

To give you a bit further info, the wedding party will be about 21 people (including 3 kids under 10). We are hoping to get married in May to August time in 2015 and my budget would be about circa £8,000.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Maratea, Italy
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married in Italy

I can suggest a special place: Maratea

It's my city so I love it. A fantastic historical centre and you can see the Statue of Christ.

I suggest you May and in particular June for the weather and it's not crowded.

Send an email to hotel/restaurant and they will ask you what you need for your special day.

Best wishes and have nice days in Italy

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,980 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married in Italy

Although this is a travel forum and not a wedding planning site, a lot of people research Tuscany, Amalfi Coast and Sorrento as locations.

Here's a link with some info for paperwork, then I'd look at each Forum and use the search bar above the posts.

tripadvisor.com/…38605781

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married in Italy

Hi, Lake Garda has become a popular wedding destination, particularly the towns of Malcesine and Torri del Benaco.

torridelbenaco.co.uk/getting_married_on_gard…

malcesinepiu.org/lake-garda/What-to-visitWed…

Will you be arranging everything yourselves or using a wedding planner? There are several companies that organise weddings at the lake, including these:

italianlakeswedding.com/lakegarda/lake-garda…

lakegardaweddings.com/en/…locations.asp

distinctiveitalyweddings.com/blog/…

dreamacademy.it/location_wedding_in_italy/la…

Or you can arrange a wedding through a package holiday company, e.g. Thomson Lakes and Mountains or Inghams:

thomsonlakes.co.uk/our-holidays/…

…inbro.net/seeinsidebrochure/…pages_202-203

You can use the search box here on TA to find lots of information about weddings at Lake Garda.

If you want to arrange flights/accommodation yourselves, from next summer Jet2 will be flying from Edinburgh to Verona on Wednesdays.

Edited: 28 December 2013, 11:59
Pineto, Italy
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married in Italy

Congratulations on your engagement. I am American and have been living in Italy for the past 12 years now. I live in the Region of Abruzzo that is a hidden gem because it is not well known but when people discover it they are left breathless. It is located along the Adriatic coast line and surrounded by the mountains. If you are looking to get married in May or June, those months I consider to be perfect along with September. I can recommend a hotel located in Pineto and it is located right on the beach (perfect spot for a beach wedding!). A beautiful town located on the beach and only 30 minutes from the Pescara airport and a about 3 hrs from Rome. You will not find all the tourist traffic and will be in a safe an calm area. The hotel is called Hotel Ambasciatori (www.pineto.it) Best wishes and i hope you find your perfect wedding location.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 11:10
5. Re: Getting married in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 07:20