We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Tourism in Italy

West New York, NJ
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Food Tourism in Italy

I'm interested in learning more about Italian cooking while I'm traveling. The guidebooks only seem to mention the Perugiana chocolate factory.

Can anyone recommend a tour of an olive oil estate or farm? Is it even worth going in April since the harvest season ended in November?

Can anyone recommend any other classes or tours they have taken to learn more about Italian cuisine?

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food Tourism in Italy

I can highly recommend Italian Food Days tour out of Bologna

http://www.italiandays.it/about-us.asp

all day tour, great tour guide and good food!

Also, a cooking class based in Cortona. It is an all day experience at her home. Before you cook you go into individual shops in the town and discuss food, etc.

--Alessandra Federici's Cucina Cooking School

I think a cooking class is the best way to learn about the cuisine.

West New York, NJ
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food Tourism in Italy

Thank you for the recommendations. I am definitely interested in cooking classes.

I hope more people will share their experiences.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food Tourism in Italy

If you can let us know where are you planning to stay we can help you more than this.

There are hundreds of food museums and tours all over Italy.

4. Re: Food Tourism in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 05:18