We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Know of a Tour Group (Young Teen Friendly) for Italy/Europe?

Florida
Level Contributor
175 posts
329 reviews
Save Topic
Know of a Tour Group (Young Teen Friendly) for Italy/Europe?

We are planning a trip to Europe (Italy is a must) in June and have 2 girls (12/14). I was wondering if there was a tour group that can help with pre-arranged tours, hotels, etc that someone has taken? We are debating between that route and a cruise- but I am a bit anxious about a cruise for a week or more. Many thanks for any suggestions- this group was extremely helpful for Hong Kong!

Karin

Mentioned in this post
Trenino Pippo
Sightseeing Tours
Genova Turgid
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Dafne
Sightseeing Tours
1. Re: Know of a Tour Group (Young Teen Friendly) for Italy/Europe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 14:46
Florida
Level Contributor
175 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Know of a Tour Group (Young Teen Friendly) for Italy/Europe?

Many thanks----I will look into this as my friend (a travel agent) is telling me "cruise, cruise!"

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,257 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Know of a Tour Group (Young Teen Friendly) for Italy/Europe?

You don't need a guided tour to visit Italy. Italy is one of the easiest places to visit on your own, even for a first timer. They have wonderful and inexpensive public transportation and lots of great sites to visit. These package tours whisk you from place to place without giving you enough time to visit anything.

I would pick a city or two in Italy that you're interested in and read the forums for those places. You can get really great ideas on what to see, how to get around and where to stay.

Donna

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,882 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Know of a Tour Group (Young Teen Friendly) for Italy/Europe?

You could most certainly take a cruise if you'd like. Cruises call at many ports all along the coastal towns. There's no need to navigate rivers to see towns in Italy!

And certainly you could see Italy on your own as well!

Vagabonda

Edited: 11 January 2014, 18:21
Florida
Level Contributor
175 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Know of a Tour Group (Young Teen Friendly) for Italy/Europe?

We are most interested in Rome, Venice and anything in between. Does anyone know of a company that deals with local tour guides that we can hire?

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,257 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Know of a Tour Group (Young Teen Friendly) for Italy/Europe?

You don't need a company to hire guides. There are plenty out there that do wonderful jobs. Also, the sites offer tours for much less that a private guide or company will cost. Let us know what you want to see and we can make some recommendations.

Donna

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Know of a Tour Group (Young Teen Friendly) for Italy/Europe?

My sister in law took my niece who was 16 at the time on a 2 week European "extravaganza" tour and they were exhausted by the end of it. Up at 6am every day to be ready for breakfast at 7am with the group, on the bus by 8:30am and a different accommodation almost every night. If this is something you think your daughters would enjoy (and I honestly doubt it) then by all means look into a tour.

If on the other hand, you picture your family relaxing, going at your own pace and seeing sights that you are all interested in, then book your holiday yourself, or with the help of a travel agent. There are several sites to use for hotel reviews including trip advisor, and many guide books (we like DK Eyewitness) for planning.

Hope this helps with the decision.

Florida
Level Contributor
175 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Know of a Tour Group (Young Teen Friendly) for Italy/Europe?

We did a similar tour when we returned to China a few years ago. It is tedious getting on/off bus/plane, but the positives (people to be with, a tour guide, a hotel as well as free time) was a bonus. I wish I knew someone who has done Italy by themselves with tweens, but I don't...

9. Re: Know of a Tour Group (Young Teen Friendly) for Italy/Europe?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 06:01
10. Re: Know of a Tour Group (Young Teen Friendly) for Italy/Europe?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:16